An ex-corps member, Akande Phillip Ayobami, who went viral after photos of himself with an undersized lady trended has denied being in a relationship with her.
The young girl identified as Innocent Ruth had claimed that they were dating, saying that they met at the Bayelsa State orientation camp.
She also granted an interview to reiterate her position that they are in love, but expressed worry that his family might not accept her.
But Ayobami decided to issue a disclaimer that they are not dating and were never in a relationship.
He said that the viral photos of them posing together in camp were from two years ago during their NYSC orientation course.
The sportsman accused Ruth of using him to chase clout and asked her to take down the pictures or be dragged to court.
Sequel to the viral posts on social media platforms ignited by one Miss Innocent Ruth on the 12th March 2023 about a fake engagement with me, I hereby disclaim the viral post and want the general public to note that I have no business in common with her as she’s just a clout chaser.
In view of the above, I want to categorically state that:
1. I and Innocent Ruth met in the year 2021 at Kayama NYSC orientation camp (Bayelsa State) where we were brought together as the tallest and shortest Corps members as part of activities by the NYSC to create fun in camp.
2. We never had any relationship during and after the orientation camp.
3. It been two years those photos were taken and I haven’t set my eyes on her for over two years now.
4. I hereby advice Innocent Ruth to take down the post from all her social media platforms else face legal action.
5. All bloggers and online media platforms who made it go viral are advised to make a disclaimer post and take the previous post down immediately as to avoid legal
5. All parties involved are to ensure strict adherence and compliance. Thanks. “
See the post below: